To create the best environment for practicing yoga, we recommend these etiquette tips:
- Arrive to class 10 minutes before the start time. This gives you the opportunity to remove your shoes and set up your yoga mat, before the class begins.
- Expect that classes will start and end on time, and the front door of the studio may be locked after class begins. (When yoga is practiced at a gym, it is common to allow students to come into class after it begins. In most yoga studios, this is not allowed, as the late entrance disrupts the class and students.)
- Leave your shoes and belongings in one of the storage cubes at the front of the studio.
- Ensure your mobile devices are on silent or in the off position.
- Avoid wearing strong smelling perfumes, colognes, scented body lotions or oils.
- Do wear deodorant. (Your class mates will thank you. )
- For safety reasons, do not come to class intoxicated or heavily medicated.